26 October 2008

Herring w boiled potato & lumpfish roe (ENG)

日本語版 JPN ed.
<http://iamafoodlover.blogspot.com/2008/05/herring-w-boiled-potato-lamp-fish-roe_04.html>

IKEA,,IKEA,, ahh! my favorite place!!
To fill up our food storage with lovely pepparkaka (ginger biscuit
) which is best bikie I've ever tasted, we went IKEA this afternoon. I guess I can spend whole one day with playing every single room demos and still remember I was sooooo excited the first time visiting there while IKEA launching in Japan was still under plan at the time. In this spring 2nd IKEA Japan was opened in Kobe where I'm from, then I heard a rumor about more than 320,000 people visit IKEA in a couple of weeks !! You can see how much Japanese people love IKEA including me and how we love SWEEEEEDEN !!

Anyway the today's one dish is Herring served w boiled potato & lumpfish roe.
Probably this is nothing special for Swedish people, however, grantee the great combination.
Finely chopped red onion, boiled potato w little bit olive oil and pine nuts, lamp fish roe and herring (classic flavor). Dill on top, salt & paper if you want.
It comes really well with beer also Roger mentioned it will be good with a shot of vodka.

Surprisingly Swedish food and Japanese food are really similar from ingredient
to cooking process, even storing. As only difference we eat more rice and they eat more potato. So there are so many dishes actually I would love to have rice with. This was also one of it.

You can buy lumpfish roe and herring from IKEA food in very reasonable price. Herring is available in many flavors, should be nice too. To be honest I wantted it with steamed rice.

Chiky

No comments:

Post a Comment